Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Gift - Short Story by Jo

[Part 1 ~ A New Friend]

One late night, in a chat room...

[Dreamy]: Hi there!

[Lost_girl]: Hello

[Dreamy]: Care to chat with me?

[Lost_girl]: Okie

[Dreamy]: Intro of yourself?

[Lost_girl]: 25f/chi/sg and u?

[Dreamy]: 32m/chi/sg

[Lost_girl]: Oh okie

[Dreamy]: Well i hope u dun mind chatting with an old man like me

[Lost_girl]: hmmz dun say tat..u are also not tat old

[Dreamy]: Thks! So are u working or still schooling?

[Lost_girl]: Im working as a clerk and u?

[Dreamy]: Ok for me, I do sales. So wat brings you here tonite?

[Lost_girl]: Ermm i juz kinda bored and looking for nice people to chat with

[Dreamy]: hahaha so have u found any? Better beware..lots of wolves in here to cheat girls like you.

[Lost_girl]: lolx dun worry im old enough to know wat I am doing. Well I guess I found one nice guy and right now he is chatting with me! heehee

[Dreamy]: haha i might be a wolf in sheep clothing too

[Lost_girl]: oh then tats too bad

[Dreamy]: Oh I forget to ask wats ur name?

[Lost_girl]: My name is Mel. And wat about u?

[Dreamy]: Nice name there. My name is Jacko. Really nice knowing u!

[Lost_girl]: Thks! Nice to know u too

[Dreamy]: So never meet ur bf tonite?

[Lost_girl]: Nope im single BUT unavailable

[Dreamy]: HA! Did I hear you right? Y unavailable? Opps sorry! Hope you dun mind me asking

[Lost_girl]: Just wish to be single. Perhaps I maybe happier tat way. Maybe is my past relationship kept on haunting me or should I say I juz lose faith in relationship. All I know for sure is as long as I dun step into one, chances of me getting hurt will be 0%.

[Dreamy]: Mel im sorry to hear that.

[Lost_girl]: Its okay! No worries. And u? still single?

[Dreamy]: Yes im just waiting to meet the right girl. As you know, im of certain age. I got no more youth to waste. haha

[Lost_girl]: Well im sure u will meet the right girl one day! All the best to you!!

[Dreamy]: Thks Mel! Im sure you will find your happiness one day too

[Lost_girl]: Thks Jacko

[Dreamy]: Well sorry I gtg. Care to keep in touch?

[Lost_girl]: Oh ok but how? We exchange email address?

[Dreamy]: Surez my email is dreamy@hotmail.com

[Lost_girl]: Okie I will email you soon. take care & good nite

[Dreamy]: Ok i be waiting for your mail, take care too & gd nite!

Logging off...

[Part 2 ~ Getting to know more]

Few days later...Early morning, Mel sat at her desk, turned on her pc and started to check her email as usual. Just then, she suddenly remembered Jacko. She had promised to email him but all these days, she was so busy with her work that she didnt even have the time and totally forgotten about him. She decided to send an email to him...

************************************************** ************************


Hi Jacko,

Im Mel! Hope you haven't forgotten who i am. Im sorry to keep u waiting for my email coz im kinda busy these days. So, how have you been? Hope everything is well on your side. Got to get back to work now...hear from u soon. Bye!


Regards,

Mel



************************************************** ************************

Later in the evening, Jacko replied back to her email....

************************************************** ************************

Hi Mel,

Its really nice to hear from you again! I though you have forgotten about me. hahaha... Wanted to email you but i forgot to ask from you the other day. Must admit that im getting old already, so i could only wait for you to send me an email first. Yup, everything is fine on my side..thks! So hows ur day today? Maybe you can tell me more about yourself? Looking forward for your mail!
Byeeee...


Jacko

************************************************** ************************

Mel and Jacko email each other almost everyday and this went on for almost half a year. Everyday, they just look forward to check their email! They shared a lot during these few months and realised that they actually share a lot of common interest. Although they have just known each other, but to Mel, Jacko was just like an old friend!

Jacko finally asked Mel for her contact number. All along, Jacko wanted to do so but was afraid that Mel might turned him down. But he decided to give it a try and Mel did gave her number to him. Since then, Jacko called and chat with her almost every night.

Mel really enjoyed talking to Jacko.

One night...

[Jacko]: Hello..

[Mel]: Hello...

[Jacko]: Wat are you doing?

[Mel]: Nothing..just reading magazine and listening to some music in my room. And u?

[Jacko]: Me? Im thinking of you lor...tats y i call you! hahaha

[Mel]: heehee...u sure have a great sense of humour!

[Jacko]: What makes you tink that im joking??

[Mel]: Ermmmm...

[Jacko]: Haha..okie im just joking with you! Hope you dun take it to heart! Btw, are u free this
Sat? Shall we meet up?

[Mel]: Hmmmmz... im sorry! I have something on this weekend already

[Jacko]: Its okay! Can only blame myself for asking late. Next time i will get a queue number first. So if i really ask you out, will u do so?

[Mel]: Ermm..it shouldnt be a problem! I promise i will meet up with you soon k!

[Jacko]: Oh really? Glad to hear that.

[Mel]: Yah, its a promise!

[Jacko]: Its getting late, i tink u better sleep early. I shall not disturb you any further...

[Mel]: Okie..u have an early nite too! Have a nice wkend! Good nite and sleep tight!

[Jacko]: Good nite, Mel! Sweet dreams to you! Byeee

[Mel]: ByeeeThat Saturday, Mel was out at a cafe chatting happily with her friends. She decided to get herself another drink so she went up to the counter and started queuing. In front of her stood a guy with his group of friends. "Mel" shouted one of her friends, get me one drink too! The guy in front of her slowly turned back...


[Part 3 ~ An old friend]


"Mel?" said the guy..

"You are...." said Mel"I'm Shawn, your secondary school friend!! Remember??? said the guy

"OH!!! Yah, i remember now! No wonder you look kinda familiar..." said Mel

[Shawn]: Is it i become more and more charming already that you dun even recognise me? haha

[Mel] *Blushing*...

[Shawn]: You still look the same to me but more and more pretty huh? Muz be lot of guys going after you??

[Mel]: hahaha... you really do know how to sweet talk ah! Still like old school days, always so
popular and surrounded by girls?

[Shawn]: Well...okie lah but still, i didnt manage to win someone's heart mah!

[Mel]: Too bad for you then! Ermmm..i got to go! My friends are still waiting for me...we keep in touch again?

[Shawn]: Yah surez! I guess fate brought us together again huh? Whats ur number?

[Mel]: ahahaha...Here's my number! Byeeeeee

[Shawn]: Okie, will call u again and catch up some other day! Byeeeee

Mel was really happy to meet Shawn! Shawn used to be someone whom she liked a lot during secondary school days! Although Shawn also got feeling for her but somehow, they never started the relationship at all!

One late night, when Mel was about to go to bed, her handphone rang...[Shawn]: Hello.. Mel.....Mel....

[Mel]: Hello..Shawn?

[Shawn]: Mel...I'm...I'm Shawn...

[Mel]: Shawn..are you okay? Why you sound so funny??

[Shawn]: Why...Why? I... I...

[Mel]: What happened? Are you okay? Where are you?

[Shawn]: Im.. Im...at River Point...the view here is really nice Mel! It really is!!!

[Mel]: Shawn, u stayed there! I be right over!Mel quickly changed and took a cab down to River
Point. Inside the cab, her handphone rang again...

[Jacko]: Hello.. u sleeping already??

[Mel]: Ermmm...I....I'm still outside...

[Jacko]: So late le..you are still outside??

[Mel]: Yah..my friend ran into some problem... now on my way to meet my friend..

[Jacko]: Oh okie! Its very late now already..do be careful ya?

[Mel]: Okie thks!

[Jacko]: Call me again when you reached home later? Dun get me wrong..just being concern as a friend and i have something to tell u...

[Mel]: Yah i know... appreciate that Jacko! Okie i will call u back later..

[Jacko]: Remember to call me hor! I be waiting....

[Mel]: Okie...byeeee

[Jacko]: ByeeeMel reached River Point and saw Shawn sitting by the stairs with many cans of beer lying around him! "Shawn" said Mel.

When Shawn saw her, he put his hands around her and hug her closely. He started to cry while resting his head on Mel's shoulder. Mel never image that Shawn would hug her this closely before...



[Part 4 ~ I'm Sorry]

[Shawn]: Mel... its so nice to see you once again... I really..like..like...you!! Can you dun leave me pls?

[Mel]: Shawn, you are drunk!

[Shawn]: NO! IM NOT IM NOT!! Do..Do.. you have feelings for me too? Im sure you have or you wouldnt rush down like this...

[Mel]: I did that because you are my friend and i dun want anything to happen to you. If this give you a wrong idea, then im sorry!

[Shawn]: Why you just refuse to give me a chance Mel? Why are you so cruel to me? I know in the past, i was a flirt but i have changed! Still..still...you dont wanna accept me..is this fair to me??? At least give me a reason...

[Mel]: Ermmm...you...you will never understand! Sometimes things happened without a reason!

[Shawn]: What must i do to prove my love for you?

[Mel]: Nothing... dun be silly Shawn. Arent we better off as friends like this?

[Shawn]: NO! I want you to be my girl...not my friend!!!

[Mel]: Shawn, i guess you are really drunk...why not u rest for a while?

[Shawn]: No...No...i dun want...

[Mel]: Please.... listen to me for this once can?Mel sat there with Shawn lying down on her lap. It really breaks her heart to see Shawn like this. Deep inside her heart, she knew that she still loved Shawn alot!

As much as she wanted to be with Shawn but she sees no future together with him! Shawn couldnt even provide her with the basic sense of security that she needed the most!

She knows Shawn too well...given his character, watever he wants, he will always strive very hard for it and the harder it is to obtain, the more he will find means of way to achieve it! However, he also get sick and tired of things easily!

Mel didnt want to be hurt by somone whom she loved so deeply so she choose not to step into this relationship. She choose to suffer all this by herself. She had to hide her feelings in front of Shawn no matter how much she liked him..

She rather keep Shawn as a friend for a lifetime than to lose him for good! Mel didnt sleep for the whole night and early next morning, she saw the most beautiful sunrise.. one that she would never forget in her entire life!

Perhaps it was because Shawn was just beside her..somehow the sunrise was much more beautiful than ever before...

[Shawn]: Mel? Ermmm...sorry! Your laps must be numb after one whole night...

[Mel]: No its okay! Are u okay??

[Shawn]: I guess im having a very bad headache...

[Mel]: You wait for me a while...i be right back!

[Shawn]: Mel...Mel...where are you going??Few minutes later...

[Mel]: Nah, put this ice on your forehead, you will feel better and finish up this cup of hot tea!

[Shawn]: Thks Mel..tats very nice of you! And btw, i was so drunk last nite.. thks for taking care of me... hope i didnt scare you off...

[Mel]: *Sneezing* No..dun mention it!

[Shawn]: Oh no! You must have catch a cold last nite! Im so sorry to make u fall sick because of me!

[Mel]: Its not your fault, dun blame yourself! Im always been tat weak...

[Shawn]: Come, lets go! I send you home and you have a good rest and dont go to work today!

[Mel]: Okie..let me call back to office and inform them first...

Mel tooked out her handphone and saw "20 missed call'' ; ''8 unread messages''. Just then, she realised that she had forgotten about Jacko! She opened up the message and read...

[ lst message: Mel..you reached home already?
2nd message: Its 2.30am now..where are you?
3rd message: Im still waiting for your reply... call me back pls...
4th message: Can you at least reply me back something? Im kinda worry about you!
5th message: Its 4am already..i still cant sleep coz u havent call me back yet! Have u forgotten?6th message: Mel...actually i want to tell you that i be flying off to Perth this morning for business trip. Its a last minute decision..I be away for 2 weeks... can i at least get to hear from you before i leave?
7th message: It's 6.30am now...im at the airport already! Im still waiting...
8th message: Well... im going off now...looks like i dun have the chance to bid goodbye to you! Take care girl! Bye! ]

[Shawn]: Mel...u okay? You dun look too good! Wats wrong?

[Mel]: Ermmmmm...Noth..Nothing!


[Part 5 ~ The Surprise]

Mel really feel bad towards Jacko! But she just dont understand why Jacko was so good towards her. Afterall, they are just friends who have never met before! Mel didnt want to think much either coz in her mind now, memories of what happened last night kept flashing inside her head. However, in the end she decided to send an email to Jacko...

************************************************** ************

[Hi jacko!

I dunno whether you will get the chance to read this email when you are in Perth. I just wanna say I'm Sorry! Sorry to keep you waiting the other night..sorry to make you worry about me.. sorry for not returning your calls and sms..i had my own reasons..hope you will understand! hmmmz...so when are you returning back to Singapore? Maybe we can meet up soon after you return back to Singapore...guess i owe you a treat coz i really feel so bad! Take it as my way of saying sorry to you! Anyway u take care. Bye!

Regards,


Mel]

************************************************** ************

Few days later....

************************************************** ************

[Hi Mel,

Im really so happy to hear from you again! Glad that you are alright! Well..you need not feel bad about it...say till so many times sorry! It's okay girl! I understand... Will be back in Singapore next Sunday at around 7pm! Well...im really looking forward to meeting up with you! Finally got the chance already..so looks like all the waiting that night was worthwhile...hahaha... And of cse i wont let a girl treat me on a first meet up session. The treat will be on me instead! K then, i gtg! U take care too....

byeeeeeeCheers,

Jacko
]

************************************************** ************

That Sunday @ the airport...Mel had came to the airport to give Jacko a surprise! She knew his flight had landed and she took out her mobile phone and called him...

[Mel]: Hello...

[Jacko]: Mel!! What a surprise...

[Mel]: Ermmmm...where are you now?

[Jacko]: Oh! Im still at the airport...i just reached not too long ago. Why?

[Mel]: Actually..I'm...I'm...at the airport now...

[Jacko]: What?? Hey Hey you must be joking with me right?

[Mel]: Really! Coz i plan to give you a surprise..I see you at coffee bean in 10 minutes time k?
And btw, I'm wearing a blue top and holding a Cleo magazine!

[Jacko]: Oh okie...see ya! Byeee

[Mel]: See u...byeeeAt Coffee Bean...

[Jacko]: Ermmmm..hello? Are you Mel?

[Mel]: Errr...Hi! Jacko??They finally met each other face to face! Jacko could hardly believe that the gal sitting right in front of her was Mel! She was so beautiful... he knew that it was a love at first sight!

To Mel, Jacko was a fine looking man...he didnt look like he was in his thirties at all..she had a rather good impression of him too! They sat there and chatted for a few hours...

[Mel]: Its getting late! I tink we better go...i guess you must be tired also after your flight too!

[Jacko]: Its okay! Let's go..i send you home first...

[Mel]: Errr...dun need to trouble you..u still have all those suitcase with you..i can go home by
myself...

[Jacko]: No, pls let me send you home! At least we shared a cab and i see you till your house downstairs then i head home from there...is that alrite?

[Mel]: Well...okay if you insist!30 Minutes later...

[Mel]: Okay..i reached home already! Thks for sending me home..

[Jacko]: You are welcome! My pleasure...

[Mel]: Good nite...bye

[Jacko]: Err..Err...Mel? Can i get to see you again soon??

[Mel]: I...I...cant really promise you coz im rather busy lately! I let you know again?

[Jacko]: Surez! Good nite...byeAs Mel walked to the lift, she saw a familiar figure standing there...



[Part 6 ~ The Departure ]


[Shawn]: Mel...

[Mel]: Oh Shawn! What a surprise..what you doing here?

[Shawn]: Errr..I..I.. Who is the guy who send you home just now? You are seeing someone already?

[Mel]: No..No..he is just a friend of mine..

[Shawn]: Well..dosent really matter if he really is your boyfriend..i feel happy for you and at
least i be able to leave Sinagpore at ease!

[Mel]: Leave...Leave..Singapore?? But why? Where are you going Shawn?

[Shawn]: Im be going to Australia for further studies and i might not come back anymore. Thats the reason why am i here today coz i ought to let you know...

[Mel]: Not..not coming back anymore?? When are you leaving? (Mel was trying hard to hold back her tears)

[Shawn]: I be leaving in one week time. Mel, im glad that we never started a relationship together...or else i cant imagine what will happen to us now...looks like you made the right choice.

I also didnt wanna hurt you. Thats why all along i never force you no matter how much i love you! As long as you are happy, i be happy for you too! Mel, do take good care of yourself, you have always been weak since school days...hope you will soon find someone better than me to take care of you for the rest of your life and most of all, promise me that you will lead a happier life ahead!

After that, Shawn turned and started to walk away. Mel ran towards him and hug him from behind! She didnt said anything to him..tears just kept rolling down her cheeks. She knew that she didnt want Shawn to go...

but still, she was in no position to stop him from leaving!

[Shawn]: Mel...please dont cry..it really breaks my heart to see you in tears! I wouldn't bear to leave Sinagpore if i see you like this....

[Mel]: Shawn... promise me that you will continue to keep in touch with me even though you are there okay??

[Shawn]: Okay, its a promise!

[Mel]: Can we meet up for one last time for dinner before you leave Singapore?

[Shawn]: Ermmmm...okay!The night @ the dinner...

[Shawn]: Wow Mel, you sure look very nice today! Know you for so long already, didnt know
that when you doll yourself up, you can be that pretty...

[Mel]: *Blushing* Thks..so wat time is your flight tomorrow??

[Shawn]: Its 7.15am in the morning...

[Mel]: Oh okay...can i come to send you off??

[Shawn]: No...No...you better not, dun get me wrong..i just dun want to have the feeling of cant bear to leave you...so i guess that its better that you dun come...

[Mel]: Okay if that is the case, i respect your decision...

[Shawn]: Mel...can i asked you something??

[Mel]: Yes?

[Shawn]: Have you ever fallen for me before??

[Mel]: Ermmm...No

[Shawn]: Okay thks for the honest ans..i really hope that ans is from the bottom of your heart! Mel, i just wanna let you know that i wont forget you in my entire life no matter where i am.. meeting you was the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. The memories we had together will always stay within me... will u miss me??

[Mel]: Yes i will... I...

[Shawn]: That answer is good enough to keep me going when im over there.... can i have one last goodbye hug from u??

[Mel & Shawn] *Hugz*Mel was trying hard to hold back her tears. She wanted to tell him that she love him but it will only add on to his misery and beside he is leaving already..they wont have a future anymore so she rather keep that answer inside her heart.

That night, Mel cried herself to sleep...


[Part 7 ~ The Misunderstanding ]

Its been a while since Shawn left Singapore but he was constantly on Mel's mind.
And one day...

[Jacko]: Hello...

[Mel]: Jacko?

[Jacko]: Yes! Is me..how are you? Been a while since we last meet up..u free later??

[Mel]: I...ermmmm...

[Jacko]: Well...is okay if you are not free..can always make it another time...

[Mel]: Hmmmz...no im free... can you accompany me to a place??

[Jacko]: Okie surez..i pick u up in half an hour time...

[Mel]: Okie see ya..byeeee

[Jacko]: ByeeeeHalf an hour later...

[Mel]: Hi..sorry to keep u waiting!

[Jacko]: Its okay! So where do u wanna go??

[Mel]: Can we go to River Point??

[Jacko]: Oh okie....are u alright? You look kinda down..wat happened??

[Mel]: I'm.. i'm fine...


Mel was back to River Point once again..the place where she was with Shawn the other time.. all the memories just started to flash back and tears started to roll down her cheeks.. she missed Shawn deep inside her heart.

Jacko didnt know what happened to Mel but he believed that if Mel want to share her problem with him, she will.. so he never kept prompting her about it. He just stood there quietly to comfort her.

As time goes by, Mel and Jacko became more and more closer friends. Jacko really liked Mel a lot but he dont know whether Mel will be willing to accept him anot? In the end, he still decided to confess to her on her coming Birthday...


************************************************** ************

[Hi Mel..

.How have you been? Im sorry that i took so long to contact you coz i busy coping with my studies down here. I hope everything is well on your side! Btw, your birthday is coming soon.. what do you want me to get you from here?? And i got a good news to tell you...i be on vacation soon so i might fly back to Singapore to stay for a while...im really looking forward to see you again Mel! Do take care!

Regards,

Shawn
]


************************************************** ************

Shawn didnt know what can he get for Mel. Just then, he walked past a shop and something caught his attention!

"Wishing Star for SALE...Wish for Eternality with your Love Ones!" It was a very beautiful shooting star pendant but the cost of the pendant was equipvalent to buying an air ticket back to Singapore.

So, if he bought the pendant, he wont be able to go back to fly back to Singapore to see Mel. Still, Shawn decided to get it for Mel coz he knew Mel will love it for surez!

************************************************** ************

Hi Mel,It's me again. Jus wanna tell you that i wont be going back to Singapore anymore because something crop up the very last minute. Im really very sorry! Hope you are not too disappointed!

Take care..bye!Regards,

Shawn

************************************************** ************

Indeed, Mel was really very disappointed.
She thought that at least she will be able to spend her birthday with Shawn but looks like all her hopes were gone!

She knew that she has lost her position in Shawn's heart coz she just couldnt understand what was most important than coming back to Singapore to see her??

In the past, no matter how busy, Shawn will always make time for Mel but now....

*ring* *ring*

[Mel]: Hello...

[Jacko]: Hello Mel! wat are you doing?

[Mel]: Im checking my email...

[Jacko]: Oh icic... errr...err...this Saturday is your birthday rite? Are...are you free??

[Mel]: I.. ermmmm...shouldnt be a problem coz i dun tink i have anything on already...

[Jacko]: You sound very sad..is everything alright on your side??

[Mel]: Im fine...thks!

[Jacko]: Okie glad to hear that...just remember that anytime you need a listening ear..can give me a ring k?

[Mel]: Surez...tats very sweet of you!

[Jacko]: Then i shall not distub you further more, do have an early nite and i see you on Saturday! Nitez

[Mel]: Okie...good nite!

[Part 8 ~ The Birthday Celebration]


The day arrived. It was Mel's birthday. She was waiting for Jacko to pick her up...

[Jacko]: Hi Mel... sorry to keep you waiting...you..you look really beautiful in that lovely dress!

[Mel]: *Blushing* thks...so where are we going??

[Jacko]: Keep it a secret first..y leh? You scare i sell you away ah? haha..

[Mel]: i never thought of that lor..but now you mention it, i'm having a second thought.

[Jacko]: Well...its too late now...hahahahaJacko bought Mel to a resturant that was near the beach. He knew that Mel always love to hear the sound of the waves and be under the stars so the ambience was just perfect!

[Mel]: Jacko, im impressed! This place is really very nice...

[Jacko]: Glad that you like it!!! Come, follow me, i got a surprise for you!

[Mel]: Wats that??

[Jacko]: Just follow me...Mel just could hardly believe what she saw! Jacko lighted up the fireworks pathway for Mel to walk through while he sang her a birthday song! At the end of the pathway was a table with a small birthday cake lighted up with candles! The cake was obviously a home made one...Mel was moved to tears...

[Jacko]: Mel, i hope you dun mind..this is the first time i try to bake a cake...hope it didnt look too horrible... and as you walked through the pathway just now, you noticed that the fireworks started to extinguish after a while. I know that you been kinda down all these while, i just hope that all your sadness will be gone just like the fireworks sparks and let me be with you through your ups and downs from this moment onwards...can i???

[Mel]: Jacko... i... actually inside my heart, there is someone that i had not forgotten completely.. i wanna be fair to you... i need time...

[Jacko]: Mel... i understand but i dun mind! Even though you might not love me whole heartedly now, i believed that as time past by, with me, you will soon forget about your unhappy past and i will slowly take time to fill up your heart completely with all my love! I swear by the moon with all the stars as my witness that i will love you with all my heart...Will you give me this chance??

[Mel and Jacko]: *HuGz*What more could Mel asked for? Jacko was always so understanding and caring towards her. Mel had a very unforgettable birthday celebration with Jacko! When Mel reached home, she saw a parcel lying on her bed........



[Part 9 ~ The Gift]



Slowly, Mel unwrapped the present. She saw the pendant sparkling right in front of her eyes... it was the most beautiful pendant she ever seen! Then, she saw a card beside it...

[ Hi Mel,

Firstly, I like to wish you a very Happy Birthday! Im really very sorry that i couldnt come back to celebrate it with you. You should know the reason by now! How nice it will be if im there to wear the necklace for you and see your beautiful smile once again but i could oni blame myself for not saving enough money all these while when im here! Nevertheless, i still hope that you will like the gift and may your life sparkle as bright as the star! Miss ya! Take care...bye!

Regards,

Shawn]


Mel was lost for words when she finished reading the card! She misunderstood Shawn all along.. she really felt very bad...all along she thought that Shawn didnt care about her anymore and just when she wanna give up thoughts about him, she found out that actually Shawn still cared about her...

she was feeling very lost especially now when she just started to be with Jacko...


[Hi Shawn,

I really dun noe wat to say! I liked the gift very much...thks! Why are you so silly?? You could have just make a trip back to visit ur family and frenz during your vacation ..im sure they miss you but yet you choose to buy tat gift for me and now, you gotta spent your vacation all alone there...i really feel so bad...izzit worth doing all these for me?? It issnt Shawn..and there is something that i ought to let you know...

im already seeing someone else... so dun waste all your efforts on me anymore... i really appreciate watever you done for me in the past...take care too!

Bye..

Regards,

Mel]


Mel didnt really wanna be that harsh to Shawn but that was the only way to let Shawn get over her and for her to get over Shawn as well!

She couldnt take it anymore..she didnt want her feelings for Shawn to be growing deeper and deeper since there wasn't any chances for them to be together anymore...

[Mel...

Im glad that you liked the gift! I just want to tell you that i never regretted buying you the gift.. at least to me...its worth it! I jus want you to be happy...the rest of the things dosent matter Mel!

Dun worry about me here, i be fine...and glad that you already found someone to take care of you. Looks like you dun need me to worry about you anymore..i shall hand you over to him from now on.... hope u really find your true happiness with him...all the best to the 2 of you!

Regards,

Shawn]


Mel never heard from Shawn again after that. She didnt know whether she was doing the right thing anot but she knew that it was the best sloution to end both their misery! Few days later, Mel met up with Jacko...

[Mel]: Jacko...there is something i want to tell you...

[Jacko]: Yes?

[Part 10 - The Ending]


[Mel]: Jacko..im sorry..really very sorry! I...dun tink we can be together! Its very unfair to you! You are such a nice guy! Im sure you deserve someone much more better than me...

[Jacko]: Mel...please dont say that! I can give you more time...

[Mel]: No..i dun want you to waste anymore time on me.... its all my fault!

[Jacko]: Ok if that is really the case, i respect your decision! I dun want to stress you also. If letting you go, you will feel happier then i do it!!!

[Mel]: Thks Jacko! *Offering a handshake* Friends??

[Jacko]: Well of cse!! And by the way, tats a very beautiful necklace on your neck! Is from??

[Mel]: Oh..its from a good friend!Deep inside Jacko's heart, he knew that the necklace was from Shawn. Mel had never mention anything about Shawn to Jacko before.

Jacko found out by himself when one day, he was at Mel's house, he happened to see all the mails that Shawn send to her!

Even though he was jealous of Shawn but he never ever questioned Mel before because he trusted her! Jacko knew that the break up was partly due to Shawn also. It really pains Jacko's heart to let go of Mel.

Jacko just couldnt understand why she told Shawn that she was seeing someone already but yet she still choose to let go of this relationship! But one thing for surez, Mel had not forgotten about Shawn!!

One late nite when Mel had already fell asleep, suddenly she heard her doorbell rang so she went to open the door...

[Mel]: *Rubbing her eyes* Yes? Its so late already...wat do you want??

[Shawn]: Mel...

[Mel]: Shawn?? Howcome its you?? When did you came back??

[Shawn]: Mel..are you alright? Someone wrote an email to me telling me that something happened to you and it seem like very urgent so tats why i took the last flight and rushed back to see you...Mel didnt know who wrote the email to Shawn. But seeing Shawn standing right in front of her, she just couldnt believe her own eyes!

[Mel]: So...so you still care for me don't you?

[Shawn]: I... i really cant bring myself to forget you. You been always on my mind! When you said all those words to me in the email, do you know how hurting it was?? I feel as though a thosuand needle poking through my heart!

[Mel]: I thought that i could get over you too but it seem like its never the case. I know that you have changed a lot because of me... i noe that you cared for me all these while.. everything that you did for me, i remembered all in my heart but just want i wanted to changed my mind and be with you... you told me u gotta leave... i thought we wont have a chance to be togther anymore...

[Shawn]: Mel.. will you give me a chance to take care of you? I promise to love you for the rest of my life.... will u wait for me???

[Mel]: *Sobbing* Yes i will...

[Mel & Shawn]: *Hugz*

@}~~~[THE END]~~~{@


The writer says:

Finally the story came to an end! Well..it certainly is a happy ending for both Mel and Shawn. In a triangle relationship, there is always one person who got to sacrifice.

And the one who choose to let go in the end usually do not have a choice! Sometimes things don’t go the way you want it to be and the only thing you can do is to accept the fact and slowly let time heal back the wound!

But is always easier said than done! Jacko loved Mel with all his heart but yet Mel still decided to let go of the R/S and ended up, Jacko was being hurt when he never even done anything wrong!

But Jacko did not have any regrets!

Whatever he did for Mel, all was because he loved her! Love does not give you a license to own someone.

Even if the person is with you and yet the heart is thinking about someone else…do you still feel happy being with the person??

I don’t think you will! But its never easy to forget someone whom you used to love so much just like that! No matter what, life still gotta moves on. Hope all the couples out there stayed happily ever after and those single ones to meet your true love soon! Lastly, I like to thank all my readers for all the support!

Jo

No comments: